Friday, August 12, 2005

Visiting Jon and Marianne and cooking a Jamie Oliver dinner

Last weekend was fun, we went to visit Jon and Marianne in Wlwyn Garden City. We had some drinks and a curry, mmm. They are doing well and it was good to see them and look through their wedding album.

On Sunday John and I made a proper meal from Jamie Oliver's cookbook that was completely from scratch. I even made bread. From scratch. Meaning, it was just flour and yeast and water when I started. What a mess I made trying to do that! But it was good and I felt really accomplished when we ate it. But I might get a bread maker for next time. ;-) Although the kneading part was fun once it got going. Then I also made salad dressing (yes, made it myself, I had to squeeze lemons and everything (yeah, ok I had John squeeze them technically)). And John made this really good fish pie that had mashed potaters on top. Very yummy!

I have no plans this weekend, hurray! I plan to spend time relaxing and maybe helping out at the stables a bit. John is playing cricket on Saturday so I will probably watch some six feet under DVDs (in preparation of the new season starting here next week, which Faith tells me is unbelieveably good) and do a lot of nothing! I'm sure I will work in some time to eat some popcorn as well, just to make sure I'm enjoying the weekend to the fullest. It's going to be great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home