Friday, August 19, 2005

Friday update

I can't believe it's Friday already! It's a rainy day, but I'll take a rainy Friday over a sunny Monday at work any day! We woke up this morning to thunder, which was a pleasant surprise. I do miss thunderstorms. We didn't get a storm, but it's rare to even hear thunder so I'll take what I can get.

Last weekend we didn't have any plans, so it was a welcome relaxing break. On Saturday John played cricket (well, he played for a few minutes until it got rained out). I relaxed at home, watched some Six Feet Under episodes, got some balloons for Rich and Anita's engagement and snuck them into their house (which wasn't too difficult since I was due to go around to close their cat flap anyway since they were out of town), and when John came home we went out to dinner at Zizzi's. Sunday morning I worked at the stables until noon, and when I got home Michelle and Madeline were round for lunch which was a nice surprise. John made some shepherd's pie for us ladies (the way it should be really!). They left shortly after lunch and we went round to Rich and Anita's with Helen, Wyn, and Scott (Gem is in Germany for work) for a congratulations toast.

It's been a fairly busy week. Monday I was only at work for a few minutes because I went home sick. I didn't feel well all day, but luckily it only lasted one day. Tuesday evening I helped out at the stables. Because it's summer the horses spend a lot of time outside grazing and there wasn't a lot to do after a while, so I got to spend some time watching the lesson I am usually in. Wednesday Helen and I went with Anita to try on bridal dresses. She found a beautiful one which she didn't buy at the time but I think she's going to get next week. Actually, they all looked gorgeous but there was the one which really stood out above the rest. Then we went back to my house and ordered pizza. I'll be damned if I'm going to let her fit into that wedding dress!! ;-) 'Eat some pizza, Anita. EAT IT!' Yesterday John took half a day's holiday to play golf with his dad. He didn't get home until late and I didn't have plans, so I got some time to chill out, catch up on some shows that had been recorded (my ghost hunter shows that John is too scared to watch), and do a bit of tidying and reading.

And now another weekend has come round! Yay! Hope the rain goes away for the weekend...

Oh yeah, and as a side note me, Faith, and Stephanie are appalled by Brad Pitt's behaviour and the new rumours that he and Angelina are getting married, and he has been stricken from our lamentated cards. I have replaced him with my new celebrity crush, Peter Krause from Six Feet Under. We are also accepting applications of other hot celebrities to replace Brad, so please get the word out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home