Friday, November 11, 2005

Tired and thirsty

Faithful Kara's World readers (read: me, bored in a couple of months, reviewing past posts), I do apologize for taking my sweet time updating my blog. It's been work again keeping me from blogging. I do think it should slow down soon and continue to be slow for the rest of the year. I don't particularly look forward to things being really slow at work, but it should afford me more time to update my blog.

So I am actually at work at the moment. I went out last night for my work friend Earl's leaving do. It was great fun, but I drank too much and didn't get enough sleep. John is away with Rich for 2 days on a golfing holiday, and that means he wasn't there last night refusing to go to Liquid (the local nightclub) after the bars closed. So off I went with Earl, the lads, and my work friend Laura and her friend. It was good fun dancing and laughing with everyone. There were some Lilly guys from another department who know Laura, and one of them is a really nice guy who knew that Laura had a driving lesson in the morning and told me about it and said she should get home. He had to tell me a couple of times (she wasn't leaving on her own will), but finally I left and she followed, and thank goodness he made us go because I am so tired today and if I'd left later I would have been more tired than I already am, which is darn near impossible. I just thank the good good Lord that one of the contractors in India who is constantly on instant messenger and email asking me questions has the day off today so I can sit around and not have to think too much.

When I woke up this morning I found I had only slept under the duvet and hadn't bothered to get under the flat sheet as well, I still had my contacts in, I hadn't removed the Oxford pillows or moved the 'nice' pillows to sleep on the regular pillows like normal, and I had a trail of clothes from the stairs to the bed where I'd obviously just stepped out of them and left them. When I went downstairs the jacket I'd worn out was laying on the stairs, where I'd obviously done the same thing. Couldn't be bothered to even set it on the banister.

As far as anything that's new since my last entry, there's not too much to report. I've been helping out at the stables at least once a week, which has been good. They are still really happy to see me when I show up to help so I'm glad I am making a difference. On Sunday I had a couple of new tasks I hadn't done before, including walking the hunting horses who weren't being used that day around the block. That was nice. I always take a special treat to give to my favorite horse, Prague. He's such a sweetie. In my Wednesday lessons I've gotten to ride him the last three weeks, which is so great. We've started jumping in the class the last couple of times, which is good because when I get in the habit of not jumping I get more nervous when we do get around to jumping. I hadn't jumped Prague before last week, but he was really good. This week they booked SEVEN people in the lesson. SEVEN. It was crowded. Also, I had to lend Prague to someone at the end because this guy had only jumped once before and didn't trust the horse he was on. So I was a bit bummed that I had to get off him early, and then the guy only jumped him once and just sat on him the rest of the lesson! The cheek of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home