Monday, June 12, 2006

Friend news

There are lots of exciting things happening with some of my friends at the moment.

Faith is having a girl! She found out last week. She felt like it was a girl, and the images they got from the ultrasound were quite clear so they were able to confirm her suspicions. They are going to call her Avery, which I love. It's quite funny actually because when Faith and I lived together we got a kitten, and when we were trying to decide what to name it the first name I suggested was Avery. She didn't really like it then, which is why Jilly is Jilly and not Avery. I reminded her of that conversation when she was telling me her baby names a while ago, but she didn't remember it very well. I remember it quite clearly (that was my favorite girl name for a year or two) and am glad to have the connection with her and the name. :-)

Gemma got a promotion! She's been duly rewarded for all her hard work and long hours she's put into her product launch, and in addition to the standard promotion stuff she gets a BMW and apparently a Blackberry! (She hasn't told me about the Blackberry thing but while she was on holiday I got a birthday email from her Blackberry. I don't see her going out and buying one so I can only assume this is another perk!) Well done Gems!

Emily's wedding photographer sent her a 'teaser' of her photos over email. They are beautiful! As Faith rightly commented, they look more like photos from a J Crew catalog than traditional wedding photos. Click the picture to link to all the photos from the teaser. (Also, you are reading correctly. The writing beneath each photo does say 'I shot the bride'. That's the name of the photography company. Hilarious!)

Reena's boyfriend Such has graduated from Harvard Business School and accepted a job with J Crew in their corporate headquarters in New York. I believe he is going to be a buyer, and I'm positive that (whatever his title) he is assigned to mens' shirts and ties. He's gotten the opportunity of his dreams!

Caroline has gotten herself a new job at Cummins Engines. She's had some challenging times at her current job and was fortunate to find something fairly quickly that is a great fit with her work experience, degree, and career goals. Funnily enough, Cummins has their global headquarters in Columbus, IN, although obviously Caroline will be working in their UK site. But I am very hopeful that she will get some international travel opportunities, specifically to Indiana!

Marianne is due any day now. She and Jon are having a little girl. It's due next week but you never know how these things will go! Although don't they say the first one is usually late? I really hope not because she's due not too long before I leave and I am really hoping I will get to hold her before I go. Maz, load up on hot curries, take long walks, and do whatever else is supposed to get labor started! DO IT.

I think I might have mentioned this one already, but Helen and Wyn got a kitten a few weeks ago. He's called Tiggs and he looks like Abbey! So obviously he is incredibly, incredibly beautiful. He's even got a little white splotch in his fur on the back like she does. He's very sweet and playful, and they seem to be really enjoying 'parenthood'.

So as you can see, I'm not the only one who is quite busy at the moment! It's an exciting time for a lot of people in my life and I'm so happy to share in their fun and happiness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home