Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I finally made up my mind!

I accepted IBM's offer last night. Following on from my previous post, I informally accepted SAP's offer last week. They were kind of pressuring me for a decision and IBM hadn't made their offer yet, so I accepted because I thought IBM's offer might be a little more but it would be negligible. Then I did get their offer two days later (I think they sent it shortly after my acceptance with SAP, but I didn't see it until then because I was in Florence and couldn't get to my email), and there was a big difference in the offers so I had a lot of thinking to do. I talked to my friend Shawn who works for IBM (he had given me the employee referral) and told him all my doubts and thoughts, and he was able to reassure me and in the end I felt both companies were quite good and the cultures are similar so I decided to go with the better offer. The position with IBM is also a little higher with opportunities for management, so that also swayed my decision.

I'm so happy to have this decision made! I start on July 10, which funnily enough is my Lilly anniversary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home