Friday, September 09, 2005

Friday roundup

Another Friday, finally. Since last week we had a bank holiday on Monday, the week went really quickly. It's completely messed me up this week, and I kept thinking it was the next day (Tues I thought it was Wed, etc).

Last night was fun because I got to see Gemma and Helen. I haven't seen Gemma since the Hawiian party, over a month ago! We went round to her house and had some vino and nice long chats.

Wednesday night I had my riding lesson. I have been in this Tues 7:00 lesson for a long time, and recently they've been pulling a bunch of beginners into this lesson. Turns out they have pulled so many people up into my group that I can't even get into the lesson anymore! At first I was annoyed (don't they know this is MY lesson?!!!), but I moved to this Wed 7:00 group with a different instructor, and the group is a little more advanced and I'm finding that it is so valuable to have a different instructor every once in a while because they give different tips and pick up on different things, which help me improve. When I'm with the same instructor week in and week out I already know what she's going to be looking for.

So the Wednesday lesson was good, it was my second lesson with Amy (instructor) and my new group. There is a woman in my group who is nice and is always friendly to me, but when I've talked to her before I have thought that she is really posh. I realized when I was talking to her after the lesson this week that it's a little bit of a German accent that I am hearing, not necessarily poshness! Durrrrr! You would have thought that maybe the fact that she's called Astrid would have helped me catch on quicker.

The horse I rode stepped on my foot, little bugger. They are so heavy!! I'm ok though, no breaks or even bruising.

Tuesday I was going to work at the stables but we had a team building event Tuesday afternoon which was outside of Basingstoke, so the earliest I could have gotten there would have been 6:00, and considering they close at 8:00 it wouldn't have been too worth it. So instead I went safari shopping! Got some thin trousers, lots of boring tops in tan, beige, and olive colors, a hat, and of course a nice woolly jumper and earrings. Ok, the last two weren't for safari but I just couldn't resist! I almost bought a dress for Gemma's wedding but I had to tell myself to FOCUS.

This weekend I'm off to Bournemouth with Anita and John is having his college friends around for some footie and beers. My poor cats will likely be spending the weekend under the bed to get away from the noise (and smells!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home