Monday, June 12, 2006

Apartment news

I'm very happy to report that we have found an apartment to lease in Indy! Actually, it's in Zionsville which is where we think we will want to buy a house. The apartment is called Williams Glen, and it seems to be really lovely. We liked what we saw on the internet, and my mom drove up to see it and said it was really nice. We both have heard great things about Zionsville but have not spent time there, and part of the appeal of the area is that it's brand new to both of us so we can explore and discover it together. We are planning to buy something this year once John moves over and we've had a chance to find something we love, and having this six month lease in the area will set us up nicely for getting acquainted with the area to determine which parts we like and if it's even the place for us in general.

We nearly couldn't get into the complex at all, as they didn't have a 2 bedroom unit available until a couple of weeks after I arrive. We really need a 2 bedroom unit because I have read in a cat behavior book about this thing called reintroduction to help strength cats' relationships with each other. Our cats don't get along all that well and we thought straight after the move into a new place would be a good time to work to improve their relationship. This reintroduction requires two rooms, plus the less space cats have to roam the more stressful it is for them to share living space. So anyway, they didn't have a 2 bedroom available at the right time so I had been applying to another place in a different part of town (Eagle Creek), when suddenly on Friday I got news that a 2 bedroom had become available. So my mom and I jumped on it, paid the deposit, and we're all set! Woo hoo!

So I've got my leaving date set as 26th June, and the cats are coming with me. It's weird having a date and a one-way flight. Hopefully John will be only about a month behind me. He's going to close things up here while I start things up there. Our house is still on the market, and he's still deciding what he wants to do about jobs. I was asking him on Friday what he was going to do when we leave, as the house will be so empty since there won't even be any cats or anything (and our stuff is getting shipped out next week), and he said he would be sad but at least the world cup will keep him occupied. The cheek of it! I'm easily replaced I tell you! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home