Tuesday, June 05, 2007

New car

I had a rude awakening on Saturday night, because I have been counting down my time left on the road for some time now, and Saturday I was told I had been a week off the whole time! I thought I was down to three weeks, and John was looking at the calendar and said there were actually four more weeks to go! I don't know how my calculations were off so much (I mean, it's weeks here not days), but looking back I know I have had the wrong calculations for a while now, at least since our England trip.

Anyway, since we only have four more weeks with me travelling, we are in the market for a second car. We have shared my Prius for nearly a year now, and when I'm home on Fridays I take John to work and we just work it out at the weekends. Really at the weekend we are together all the time anyway, so I can't even think of any times where we've both needed the car at the same time for individual things. But once I am home all the time we know we are both going to need ways to get around, and particularly once the baby is born. So we test drove a few mid-sized SUVs and have decided on the Honda CR-V. When we were test driving we looked at the Equinox, Escape, Rav-4, and CR-V. By the time we'd seen the first three we nearly passed up the Honda dealer as we didn't know if we wanted to add any more choices to the mix. We had hoped by test driving them we would be able to rule some out, but we had liked them all so far. But we thought we would take a few more minutes and go ahead and try the CR-V. And there just seemed to be something about it that we both really liked. Even though we liked all the other ones really well up to that point, something stood out with the Honda. So we have ordered one and will get it in a couple of weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home