Thursday, July 20, 2006

Picture catch up!



I'm finally getting around to posting loads of pictures that I have neglected to share recently.

First and foremost, Jon and Marianne had their baby! I was able to see her the day before I left, when she was only a little over a day old. I could smell her on me for a while after we'd left which was the loveliest thing. They have called her Isabella Andrea. She is beautiful. Click her picture to see more.

I had my work leaving do the night before my last day. It was England's second match in the world cup. Luckily they won so everyone was in good spirits for the rest of the night! My colleagues got me an England viking hat (complete with red plaits!) that I was to wear for the whole evening. I looked like the ultimate England fan. We watched the game in a pub, then went for a bite at a noodle bar, then drinks at Lloyds (where Allan who is usually teetotal had a pint of beer!). After Lloyds we thought we would go to Liquid (a club), even though someone had told us it was shut that night. Liquid, shut on a Thursday night?! we thought. That guy must be drunk. So off we went to prove him wrong, and what do you know it actually was shut. So we walked all the way back up to the top of town to finish out our evening at Rhubar playing I never. When will I learn not to play that with colleagues? The next day was quite funny because I felt alright when I got in and Richard who sat next to me was feeling really rough. He is a pretty straight character and doesn't often come to work hungover, and he was quite upset that I felt ok. He was more than pleased when I got a delayed hangover that started around lunchtime.

John Martin had a 40th birthday party that weekend. He had hired out a clubhouse and the country's finest Elvis impersonator. It was a great evening of dancing, talking, and watching Johnny put back the Stellas.

A couple of days before I flew out, my friends met me in London for a few drinks and food. It was a beautiful day with great people. We started on a stationary boat on the Thames with a great view of the south bank. In the evening we got some food at Wagamama, then finished with drinks at a cool (but really hot) Cuban bar. I had a really wonderful time and was so touched that everyone had gone out of their way to be there. (It was kind of short notice.)

If you click on any of these pictures they will take you to more pictures in Ofoto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home