Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Happy Valentine’s Day!



Yesterday was a lovely Valentine’s Day. John ordered a bouquet of gorgeous flowers to work. All my colleagues were very impressed!

Jude has taken an interest in my flowers, although his interest is more culinary than anything. John is working from home today and sent these pictures through to show that Jude keeps trying to eat my flowers.

After work we exchange presents. I got John Madagascar and the Richard Ashcroft CD. I got six coasters with pictures of us from various occasions (wedding, holidays, etc), massage oil, and a much needed sudoku book (I had run out of puzzles in my old one!). I was pretty spoiled considering we had agreed not to spend much this year.

Then we went to dinner. I had made the reservations and John didn’t know where we were going. We were eating in Winchester, and I had John drive while I navigated. It was hard to hide where we were going considering he could see we were headed to Winchester. However, he never guessed the actual restaurant even if the town was easy to figure out. We ate at a really nice fish restaurant called Loch Fyne. It was really fantastic food. John had the crab bisque to start and I had smoked salmon and caviar. For mains I had mussels and scallops in a creamy, potato-y sauce and John had char grilled red mullet. It was a set menu so desert was included, even though I could hardly finish my main course and had no room for desert. But I had a few bites of vanilla panacotta with berries and John had banana and toffee crepes.

We waddled out of the restaurant with full, satisfied bellies. We got to the car right before it started pouring. The rest of the night and on into the early morning there was loads of rain and strong wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home