Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Nita's Hen Do

This weekend was Anita’s bachelorette party. Several of her friends met her in Bristol to celebrate her upcoming nuptials. Gemma, Helen and I arrived on Friday after work. Everyone wore shirts that had a big picture of Anita on the front and a nickname for the wearer on the back. I was ‘Yankee Doodle’, although when Anita’s sister picked up the shirts a couple of weeks ago it said ‘Vankee Doodle’, so the maker of the shirt had to do some creative handiwork to turn the V into a Y. Vankee Doodle could have been good too if I had some eastern European roots.

There wasn’t much time to eat, so we grabbed some dinner from a burger van on the street (luckily for me there was a veggie burger option), and then on to a fairly posh bar where we were able to lower the tone of the atmosphere with our willy headbands and Anita’s willy wand she had to carry round. She had a leopard print thong that she had to put on 20 guys over the weekend as a task. She was able to complete some of those throughout the night, which provided ample entertainment for us girls and the innocent bystanders we can across throughout the evening.

From there we went to a club where we danced around for the rest of the night, while Anita did what was expected of her and got pretty drunk. On the way home those of us who were left (Anita, Gemma, Helen, and Nit’s friends Louise and Jenna) decided that it was a really good idea to do cartwheels for most of the walk. I was impressed I still had it in me; I thought I would likely lose my balance and fall down but all my attempts were successful!

The next day Marianne, Gemma, Helen and I went for a walk through the shops for some fresh air before meeting up with everyone for a nice lunch. Lunch was followed by some more shopping and a nice nap.

In the evening we all went out in our police women fancy dress outfits. We danced, and danced, and danced some more. And yesterday and today my legs have been very sore so hopefully next time I’m in that situation someone will go over the dangers of excessive dancing.

Spent Sunday recovering. Watched the Colts on Sunday! 13-0 baby!

Click the pic of me, Nita, Marianne, and Helen above to see (lots) more photos from the do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home