Monday, January 16, 2006

It's 2006!

Hello! Well, apparently I had some sort of new year’s resolution to stop updating my blog or something. I am going to try to be a little better about updating it than I have been the last few weeks.

Christmas was very nice. John and I stayed in England and pottered about for 10 days as we didn’t have to work between Christmas and New Year. We spent Christmas Day at my mother-in-law Madeline’s, and John’s dad, sister, and her boyfriend were there as well. It was a really good day. John made a delicious meal for us and we opened presents and all that jazz.

The rest of the time over Christmas we took it pretty easy. We saw Narnia with Scott and Gemma, which was very good. Went shopping in the sales, which reinforced my feelings that the sales in England are full of tat. I’m convinced the stuff they put in the sales is the stuff they haven’t been able to get rid of from years and years ago. Anita also heard they make things specifically for the sales, and they are made of lower-quality material etc than normal. So basically I didn’t really find too much in the sales.

New Year was a lot of fun. Nita and Rich had us, Scott and Gem, and Wyn and Helen over. We played lots of drinking games (I Never, Fuzzy Duck, and the one where you have a name stuck to your forehead and you have to ask yes/no questions to figure out who it is), danced, and for some reason from the pictures it looks like we spent a lot of time on the floor. The time went so quickly that before we knew it, it was midnight. Then before we knew it again it was 4:30. I thought my watch was broken because I thought there was no way it was that late.

Eventually we had to go back to work, which obviously along with everyone else we dreaded and were not happy when the time came around. Then last weekend Marianne, Gemma and I had a bridal shower for Anita at my house. That was fun. When it was over we went to the pub to continue festivities.

This past weekend was fun, but it went too quickly as they normally do. Saturday John and I cleaned out our guest room. We found loads of forgotten things which were fun to look through. Then he went off to Stevenage to see Steve Jackson. In the evening I went out with some people from work. One of the guys I used to work with moved to Amsterdam and was back in town so got together to catch up with him. It was really fun. At dinner, it took so long to bring out our food that they comped our drinks. The whole thing ended up being £10! Then we went to a bar and had fun watching one of the guys hook up with someone 20 years his senior. This guy is known for his beer goggles, but I hadn’t seen him in action before.

Yesterday John and I went to see Brokeback Mountain. I thought it was really good, but obviously it wouldn’t be to everyone’s taste. In the evening we watched the Colts break a city’s heart by losing their first play-off game. Here’s to the 2006-2007 season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home