Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Reality TV's biggest fan?

Quite strange actually. There is a meeting taking place in a conference room nearby, and there are a bunch of people in there who aren’t in my department. One of them is this big wig director guy who I’ve never met, but for the last two days when he comes by my desk he comments on my iPod or messes with it. My colleague Rob who sits across from me hasn’t seen him do that, but he just IMed me the last time everyone came out of that conference room for a break and said ‘You were getting checked out by a director.’ So I asked him if it was who I suspected it was and he said Yes, so I told him how he kept messing with my iPod when he walked by. You have to laugh because men are so stupid.

Anyway, that’s not why I’m updating my blog. Actually, I don’t suppose there is a clear reason why I am updating my blog, except for the fact that things have now officially slowed down for me at work due to the end of the year. Yesterday I lead two meetings which will hopefully result in 2 big projects for next year, which would be very promising prospects indeed. However, there isn’t much I can do for those things until they are approved, hopefully in January.

So in the meantime I have been preparing for Christmas! I’ve been sorting out addresses today for Christmas cards. Tonight I am hoping to put the final touches on all my Christmas shopping. Anita’s hen do is this weekend so I also have a couple of things I need to pick up for that. And assuming I find some Christmas cards tonight then if I’m feeling like going for the gold then I might even start on those before the evening is through!

This weekend was great! I got my hair cut on Saturday morning, then did some Christmas shopping while I was there. The appointment was at 9:00 so by the time I was done there was still some time to shop before it got absolutely packed. It gets crowded on any given Saturday, and this close to Christmas I would not have braved the crowds once it got really busy. When I got home John and I cleaned the house, then I took a nap while he watched footie.

In the evening we decorated for Christmas! Then, sadly, we turned into reality tv junkies. I don’t know what has happened to us. We watched Strictly Come Dancing, followed by X Factor, then I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, then the X Factor Results, then I’m a Celeb Results, then the recorded Strictly Come Dancing Results! What a couple of saddies. But wait, I haven’t even said the worst part yet. We had some wine while we were watching the shows, it being a Saturday night and all, and I guess we had too much because before we knew it we were actually VOTING. That’s right, I picked up my phone and voted for Brenda in X Factor. And then, even after I’d had some time to think about what I’d done, I voted for Thatch in I’m a Celeb! Needless to say, I haven’t been able to look at myself in the mirror since.

Anyway, Sunday we went to our friends Jon and Marianne's parents house (Jon's parents, Maz's in-laws). John lived with them for a short time out of university and they only live about 20 minutes away. It was really nice. I hadn’t really spent much time with them before, but they are really lovely people. I could have talked to them for ages.

Last night we went out to dinner with Mike and Debbie, who just got engaged in Asia! I can’t remember if it was Bali or Singapore where the engagement happened. Anyway, it was great to see them. They had a brilliant time on their trip through Asia. After dinner we all looked through our photos from safari. They had been in Kenya on safari last year so it was fun to talk through what we had done the same and differently. Then we all watched the results of the grand finale of I’m a Celebrity. Go Thatch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home