Tuesday, March 21, 2006

So sore!

I have finally put that flipping French change into production. I am glad to finally have that monkey off my back after three weeks of working in emergency mode for it. Of course, they are still trying to find problems and will not leave me alone about it, so I am not as washed of the issue as I would hope. I am pretty demotivated right now and fed up with work, so needless to say when the change went into production and they still wanted to talk about issues that they thought they were finding, I felt as though I wanted to pull my hair out and tell them to bugger off. Maybe someday this stupid report will unleash it grip on my life and leave me in peace. Is it too much to ask, stupid 2483 report, is it!!!

I hate my job and I won’t spend one more minute writing about it. John has been skiing in the Alps since Friday. He’s gone with Jon Lowne and Rich Carter. They come back tonight, which is good as I’ve been pretty bored without him really. John’s only been skiing about three times and those boys have been loads and are quite good, so every time I talk to John he says they are trying to kill him. He’s used to taking breaks to have a drink and relax a bit on the slopes, but that’s not these boys’ style. They do run after run after run. Whenever I talk to John it’s a few hours into the day and he’s absolutely exhausted. We wives are pleased though as they seem to be tiring themselves on the slopes and going to bed early, so not off partying until the break-o break-o dawn.

So while John was away this weekend I kept myself somewhat busy. Friday night I had a quiet one watching a movie and enjoying a couple of glasses of wine. Saturday morning I went on my first hack in a long time. It was with an advanced group and the horses were very fast. I wasn’t ready for galloping! I thought I’d be in for a few steady canters. Every muscle in my body has hurt since I woke up on Sunday from trying to hold my horse back so much!

After that I went to get my hair cut and do a bit of shopping for my upcoming trip to Indy and Chicago. In the evening I went round to Anita’s for a girls’ night. Her friend Louise was there, as well as our friend from work Laura. We put on Sex and the City, Dirty Dancing, and Top Gun. We mostly talked through them, but they were the perfect show/films for a girls’ night! Eventually we even put on our pyjamas so it was a proper pyjama party, complete with snacks and drinks.

Sunday I spend a lot of time online looking for various things. I got quite bored as I’d done all my errands on Sunday and didn’t feel like tackling what cleaning was needed around the house.

I leave Friday for Indy. Really looking forward to it. I’ll be working while I’m there, but it will be good to have a change of scenery and of course to see everyone. I have this Friday off for my flight, so am glad to have a shorter week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home