Sunday, July 23, 2006

Prius!

Tomorrow I am off to Chicago for my first day on the Abbott project. I'm very excited to start contributing, and also just curious about what it will be like. I am expecting long hours, but when the alternative is to go to the hotel room I think it won't be hard to stick around the office.

I got my car on Friday! I looove it! Faith also has a Prius so we are Priusmates. She gave me some tips on how to hack into the car's system to turn off various 'features' such as a very annoying beep that is heard inside the car whilst reversing. I am able to listen to my iPod through the car speakers, which is a feature I am loving. Saturday I drove down to my brother's to hang out with him, my sweet little nephews, and my mom and stepdad, and I was in my new car (complete with new car smell, mmmm) listening to my iPod on a sunny day with no humidity. The only thing that would have made things completly perfect would have been my husband sitting in the passenger seat. Despite that huge flaw I was a happy bunny.

My other fun toy is my Dyson. Many of you know that I have been anxiously awaiting the day I got a Dyson, and let me tell you my friends it is everything I dreamt of and more. Yes, I am the proud owner of the Dyson Animal, and I can confirm that that baby doesn't lose any suction. 'Not a sausage,' as the British ads tell us. You knew I would take a picture, didn't you.

Some more kitty piccies behind the Prius photo above. Oh yeah and here's a link to a few other funny ones from this weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gooders said...

i like this idea of passenger seat! i could be taking a little nap, or enjoying a nice cold beer :D

8:26 PM  
Blogger foiplus said...

you are making Jeremy VERY jealous - he is always complaining about our vacuum and wants a Dyson. "I just think things should work properly."

12:37 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

I haven't heard that commercial yet but Tom says the same thing when I bring up the Dyson. Go for it, get one! It came up at dinner last night, Rachel has one too, and she swears by it as well. Once you have one you'll be grossed out by how much filth gets into carpet! :-)

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home