Monday, July 31, 2006

Silly Reena

I had a fun weekend. Friday I met Tom, Tracy, and Rachel for sushi. It was wonderful. We saw Austin Croshere there. Hopefully by me typing it out instead of saying it it is obvious I am not trying to say Ashton Kutcher. I told Reena we had seen Austin Croshere and she was like 'You're joking! Seriously?!' and so on. I didn't really know what the big deal was or that she was that into basketball, and then she said something like 'as in Demi Moore's husband?' Ahh, now I can see what the big deal is! No, not like Demi Moore's husband, more like the former Pacer who has just been traded to the Dallas Mavericks. I told my mom on Sunday that Austin was at the restaurant, and she had the same response as Reena! Seeing a professional basketball player is a lot less exciting when they are first mistaken for an A-list Hollywood star. Anyway, I did not get a picture or bother him in the least, partly because I wanted to respect his privacy but mostly because I'm not that into pro basketball. Had it been Ashton Kutcher you know there would have been an immediate posting! he he

Saturday I had some pool time during the day, then met up with Reena in the evening. We went to a surprise party for her cousin that was on Geist Reservior which is a beautiful area with lots of huge houses on the lake. So that was fun and the people there were nice. From there we went to dinner and had a nice long catch up. We shut down the restaurant and went to a nice restaurant/bar we passed on the way home and had a glass of wine.

About a 1/2 hour into our glass of wine on this final stop, Reena* had pulled her hair back into a ponytail because it was so humid outside that her hair had become twice the size of normal over the course of the night. Shortly after this act, I saw something peculiar. "Are you wearing two different earrings?' I said. To which she felt her earrings, burst into laughter, and quickly pulled them out. Yes, they were two completely different earrings. One was about twice the length of the other. And of course, neither of us noticed until the end of the night. Surely someone along the course of the evening must have noticed. I'm sure her cousins must think I - er, I mean she - was trying to start some new fashion. We laughed until our stomachs hurt! Oh, silly, silly Reena!

*Names in this paragraph have been switched to protect the author

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny Kara... Keep writing I always enjoy reading what you get up to whilst over there on holiday.

See you soon, when you are home xx

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home