Monday, August 07, 2006

T-minus two days!

John's booked his flight and he will be here on Tuesday! Yaaaaaayyyyyy! My project is back in swing, not really full swing but it's going enough that I am back in Chicago on the weekdays. So unfortunately even though John gets into Indy on Tuesday I won't see him until Friday. But the cats are very excited that they will see him in two little days.

So last weekend I was told we were not to be on site last week. Then they said on Monday morning to expect to be in Chicago back on site on Tuesday and for the rest of the week. Then Monday early evening I was told I was not to be on site Tuesday but would probably need to be there from Wednesday. Then Tuesday morning I was told I needed to be there ASAP! So I got on a flight and arrived on site late afternoon. I called my project manager when I got on site and she said that I shouldn't go into the building yet but instead wait until the next morning. So this is my crash course into the demanding and disorganized world of consulting I guess! Eventually I did get on site on Wednesday morning and left on Friday at noon. The week was fairly uneventful, although there is a Banana Republic outlet not far from my hotel, which is pretty dangerous. Also we had a group dinner one night and went to Olive Garden. Again. I've been to two group dinners and both of them have been Olive Garden. To be honest the food hasn't been too bad but I'm hoping that eventually we will start to branch out a bit considering we will probably eat together at least once a week.

This weekend was a lot about veging out and giving the cats lots of attention. Friday and Saturday nights I stayed in. Saturday during the day I went to my mom's. My brother and nephews were there so that was a lot of fun. It was a beautiful day with no humidity, so we spent a lot of time outside in the shade of a tree. My three year old nephew Jesse loves 'tractors', so he was on and off the riding lawn mower quite a bit. And 10 month old Robby was a very cute little cuddle ball as usual. And today I went to the pool for a while. I met an Italian couple that I talked to for quite a bit. The husband is also in IT consulting and was catching a flight to London later in the day, so we had a lot to talk about. We might hang out again in the coming weeks when he gets back from London and she from Italy (I don't know when she was leaving but it seemed to be soon and for a month or so).

I have somewhat organized my pictures from the camera phone and have a collection of kitty pictures if you click on this picture. When John gets here he should have the normal camera so we will have a little better quality than all these (for one thing, a flash!), although I can't guarantee the majority won't still be of cats! :-D he he

One last thing, there is a new link on the lefthand column that will take you to Faith's baby website. Her belly is getting so big! Very exciting! Avery Laura is due on Oct 19. :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss my man Jude! Come home please. Enough fooling around!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Aw, he misses his girlfriend Marianne! He went to the vet this weekend and he weighs 18 1/4 pounds!!! LOL!

2:33 AM  
Blogger foiplus said...

Welcome to America John!!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home