Monday, August 28, 2006

Air show, birthday party... busy weekend

Going to try to make this short. We'll see if I'm capable! I'm so tired. I have had to come up to Chicago tonight, on a Sunday. This week is the big workshop week, and Thursday and Friday are my presentation days. We start at 8:00 tomorrow so had to get here on Sunday. Puke. But today before I left John and I met my mom at an airshow, so that was good fun. When we got there it started pouring. We had rain coats and umbrellas but still got soaked. It eventually cleared up, and then it more than cleared up and got really hot and sunny. I got a sunburn, which should look really cool in my presentations. ;-) The show was pretty good. John and I had to leave before the big finale when the Thunderbirds (equivalent to the Blue Angels) did their thing, but we got to see it from the car. We were worried we'd get stuck in traffic. It was also really muddy where everyone had parked, and we wondered if we would get stuck. So we wanted to leave before the other cars churned up the ground too much. Mom stayed behind to watch the end and told me later that the volunteers were saying there were about 50 stuck cars.

I was going to write more about the weekend but I'm too tired tonight. I have been told this is going to be a very busy week with lots of overtime but I am hoping that might be an exaggeration so hopefully I can write up about the rest of the weekend soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home